Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ANIMA SOLA THE ANIMA SOLAS

ANIMA SOLA
Animas Del Purgatorio







Legend tells the tale of how when men where crucified, women where in charge of taking a pale of water and from a sponge attached to a long wooden pole, they would soak it in water and would give the crucified victims water to quench their thirst. On the evening of Good Friday when Jesus Christ was crucified a woman by the name Maria Celestina Abdenago brought water to the three upon the cross. She gave Dysmas and Gesmas water but for some reason she feared the savior, and did not give him water to drink. When Maria Celestina Abdenago died many years later she was sent to purgatory for denying the savior water.



Another legend tells the tale of how Maria Celestina Abdenago was a sorceress who practiced the black arts and when Jesus was carrying the heavy wooden cross through the streets, as he passed her house she ran into the street, up to him and spat in his face. Thus going to purgatory for her offense and insult done to the savior.



A popular Mexican and Spanish Anima Sola is Juan Minero, or John the Miner. For his sins on earth Juan Minero toils and labors hard in purgatory mining coal to feed the flames of both Hell and purgatory. His sin, tradition says that in a fit of rage he would enter into Holy Temples and shrines and defile the altars, by blowing out candles and stealing lanterns and spilling holy water on the ground.



The most popular image of an Anima Sola depicts a woman in a dungeon set into flames as she looks up towards the heavens. Her chains are broken and she looks at peace, as if the flames consuming her soul do not bother her. She patiently awaits the saviors forgiveness of her sins, as her arms are stretched upwards as if the savior has sent the Queen of Angels to set her free from her torment. The infamous famous image of the Anima Sola is of Maria Celestina Abdenago.

Many who don't know much of the Anima Sola assume that there is only one, when in reality there are countless souls in the "Catholic' purgatory or lower spiritual plane, cleansing there sinful souls before being forgiven and reaching a higher spiritual plane.



The Anima Sola or Lonely Souls of Purgatory are not evil spirits, as their souls are not damned in Hades or Hell, they are the souls of sinners who because of their mortal sins cannot reach the Kingdom of Heaven until there souls have been purified from their earthly wrong doings.
Many people in Latin American counties pray to the Anima Sola and they are often invoked in love spells. On Mondays they are offered water, a white candle to give them light and many offer them cigars, cigarettes and strong liquor such as rum, whiskey or a can of beer. The Anima Sola are venerated on el Dia de las Animas, November 2nd the day of All Souls Day, as special Masses are done in honor of them. In Mexico this day is called, El Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead.



I personally do not work with the Anima Sola. From my personal belief, these spirits should be respected and prayers should be said to them so that their sins are forgiven and so that their souls become purified and they may be able to move higher in the spiritual evolution chain. I have done Veladas for Anima Sola, include them in prayers during Sesiones and light candles for them on November 2nd, but I do not keep any Anima Sola paraphernalia on my altars, its just a personal preference.

PRAYERS TO THE ANIMA SOLA

Hear ye O Mortals, the lament of an imprisoned soul, alone and abandoned in an obscure dwelling. O Lone Soul, a soul of peace and of war. Soul of sea and of land. I desire that all that
 I have lost be returned.
O Souls, you who are alone and abandoned, I accompany you in your grief.
  Pity upon you
 I have, for I know of the grief and suffering you must endure within your harsh and long imprisonment.
I offer you this prayer and glass of water because I desire to lessen your pain and quench your thirst.
Sad Soul, Alone Soul, no one calls you, I call you. No one looks for you, but I seek you out. No one loves you, but I adore you. No one remembers you, but I keep you in my heart. I offer you this lit candle so that you may find your way into the light.
In this moment I offer to you my meritorious labor, and all that I have suffered, suffer and will suffer in this life, can never compare to yours.
I humbly pray that you finish paying for your mortal sins of the flesh so that you may find the grace of God, and be lifted from your imprisonment,
With your grace you shall be my benefactor. Amen




ANIMA SOLA OF JUAN MINERO

Traditional Spanish prayers to Juan Minero have to do with casting a love spell on an individual or performing black magic. I do not personally work with this spirit, but I include it because of its popular use within Diableria, Hechiserismo "sorcery" Brujeria Negra 'black magic' and Nigromante Nigromantismo "necromancy" These prayers fall under the works of working with the espiritus intranquilos, Intranquil or Restless Spirits, as they are mentioned by traditional Spanish names. I will only be including one prayers hear as the rest fall under the Intranquil Spirits.



DIABLERO, NIGROMANTE, NIGROMANTICO
BLACK MAGIC OF JUAN MINERO

In the Holy names of God, I invoke the spirits of Domination, the Intranquil Restless Spirits, the Spirits of Despair. The Spirit of Juan (John) the Conqueror, the Spirit of Juan of the crossroads, the spirit of Juan Minero, the spirit of Juan of sorrows, and Juan of the dangerous road.
I invoke the spirits of the four winds,
I invoke the Soul of the Anima Sola, Juan Minero. I ask you to enter into the heart of (n.n.). Oh Guardian Angel of (n.n.), step aside and do not intercede. Let him/her be restless and not find peace until by my side he/she stands.
Oh soul of Juan Minero, place me in his/her heart, and in his/her thoughts.
Saint Ines of the lost forests, aid me in returning his/her affection. Return him/her in body, mind and spirit. So be it

No comments: